Joy Crookes is one of the upcoming music sensations. Back in 2019, Vouge tagged Joy as one of the most exciting musicians to enroll in the music industry in 2019.
|Age||21 years old|
|Net Worth||above $1 million|
Blessed with sensation looks, Joy’s music is equally heart-wrenching. Gentle, yet her husky voice makes her music as elegant as we could ask for. She is a musician who is beyond her age, already. Her unapologetic songwriting has turned the industry at her.
View this post on Instagram
I’ve suffered from mental health issues since I was young. Where I grew up, this wasn’t a topic you would bring up when your mum was fixing you a plate of dal or when your mates were showing you how to flirt with boys and girls, so when I had my first episode of depression I didn’t really know where to turn to. It’s taken me a long time, and I am still learning how to completely articulate what goes on in my mind. Being able to have these important conversations with my friends and then my family has been challenging and I guess that’s why I always turned to music. Music has a way to soften the blow with topics like mental health – it can make situations that seem completely out of reach, tangible – especially when you feel like you’re living with another version of yourself. Learning to be more open, I had a conversation with my best friend who pointed out that when we are dealing with depression and anxiety – we almost become tired of constantly being with ourselves – you want to be with anyone BUT yourself. This is the position I took when I wrote ‘Anyone But Me’. The lyrics speak for themselves. I hope we can all continue breaking down boundaries that stretch between generations and cultures and continue this conversation about how we really feel.
Here are some lesser-known facts about Joy Crookes for you.
1. Joy Crookes is a young and aspiring singer cum songwriter from South London, the United Kingdom. She began her professional career in 2016, with the release of a single titled New Manhattan.
2. In her four years in the music industry, Crookes released two studio albums, three EPs and nine singles.
3. The gorgeous singer was born as Joy Elizabeth Akther Crookes on October 9, 1998. She is 21 years old at present. Her sun sign is Libra.
4. Born in South London, the United Kingdom, Joy Crookes is a British national. She is of brown ethnicity.
5. The ‘New Manhattan’ singer was born to an Irish father from North Dublin and a Bangladeshi mother originally from Dhaka.
6. In 2019, Joy was included in Amazon Music’s Ones to Watch in 2020 list. In 2020, New Musical Express included Jyo in its The NME 100 list.
7. Famed as one of the rising musicians of the present time, Joy Crookes must have cashed in a lot of dollars. Her net worth is estimated at $1 million, as of 2020.
8. In contrary to her immense fame, the singer keeps a low profile in public and in media. She is yet to open up about her boyfriend and love affairs. She is reportedly single at present.
9. Joy’s lastest release was the 2020 single Anyone But Me.